Sunday, January 14, 2007

There's orange things in my loaf!

Feeling blah today. tired, mentally....restless, but without any energy to do anything about it. did get some housework done, but not as much as planned. I really wish laundry folded itself. I think when I can afford it, I will splurge greatly on a weekly maid type person and have them fold my laundry and put it away. and sweep and mop and vacuum. and wash the windows. I don't know. Maybe I'll decide that's too extravagant. maybe.

I wish I had another day off. I wish I could only work part time. It's not that I don't like my job, I do. I just want more time at home.

Gonna go to Goodwill at some point and look for jeans. If I can find some there, it'll save a lot of money. We got this semester's financial aid, so are doing a few fun things. Mike got some stuff he's been wanting, a new keyboard for his computer, some headphones. I am going to order all my seeds and plants for my garden!!! I am so excited about it. Andrea is ordering a bunch of stuff too, and we are sharing the cost of quite a bit of it, saving both of us a lot, since neither of us need a whole seed packet of most of it. Here is a partial list of what I am growing:

Peas
Beans
Tomatoes
Some herbs
Zucchini
Tiny pumpkins
Basil
Stevia (a sugar substitute)

More than that, but will post a longer post about it later.

I did manage to plan dinners for this week, which I didn't do last week. I like it so much better when I do, we actually eat balanced meals on time.

Kaia and Mike have tomorrow off, for Martin Luther King Day. They are going to go grocery shopping, and spend the day together.

We had a good weekend, spent Friday night at Andrea and John's, spent Saturday with them, and then just hung out today here at home.

Making meatloaf for dinner. Trying something new, I shredded carrot into it....we'll see.....

No comments: