Saturday, January 27, 2007

Motivation

I have very little will power. Unless I have a good reason to do something that isn't fun, I can talk myself out of it easily. It doesn't even require talking!

This is why the first 3 times I tried college it didn't work. I hadn't figured out what I really wanted to DO. However, since I decided that, I've gotten A's and B's in all my classes, and I'm looking forward to going when we move.

If no one is going to see my house, it takes me all weekend to clean it......if someone is coming over, and they are someone I wish to not see the Sty, it takes me only the time that I think it will take them to get here....for instance, if they are coming at 3, and it's 11, my house will be spotless at 2:50. If it's 11, and they are on their way, and they live half an hour away....my house will be spotless 20 minutes later...

I cannot trick myself. I've tried. "self....." I've told myself..."self! someone is on their way! they will be here SOON! they are clean freaks! they will look down upon your unvacuumed carpets! your unmopped floors! they will peer in at your clean laundry, so heaped upon your closet floor!"

doesn't work. I say back, "no, self, no one is coming...." and I sit back down at the computer....or with a book....

people write about motivation. Give yourself a goal, they say. and a reward! two weeks of working out! then, and only then, can you have a chocolate orange!!

Why? I say. and pick up the chocolate orange. No one is stopping me from eating it NOW. see?!?! I HAVE IT. and I am EATING IT. NOW. so why work out for two weeks, did you say? what's in it for me? oh....health? better abs...hmmm..yes, that sounds good....but this chocolate, man, it's good....and I have a book I'm really into...oh, and I haven't blogged for awhile...and did I mention how I love sleep?!


oh....I should get back to cleaning....

only one more night and day to do it....

so that means I don't have to tonight, right? I mean, hey, I can get it all done in a day...a whole DAY, I mean, that's a LONG time......

No comments: