Tuesday, June 05, 2007

I can't even think of a title. People are strange.

Me at Work: Hello, how can I help you today?
Customer: I'd like to pay my satellite bill.
Me: I'm sorry, we only sell (National Wireless Service)
Customer: You are (Our Store Name)
Me: Yes, but we only sell (National Wireless Service)
Customer: But (National TV Satellite Service) gave me your name and address
Me: I'm not sure where they got that information, and I will let them know that we can't do that.
Customer: But I need to pay my satellite bill, and this is the place they sent me.
Me: I'm sorry about that, but we aren't affiliated with (National TV Satellite Service) in any way. I can't take your payment.
Customer: Then why did (National TV Satellite Service) send me here?
Me: I don't know. I am sorry.
Customer: I asked for a local pay station and they gave me your name and address.
Me: I am sorry, and I will let them know that they have the wrong information, but I can't take your payment. I would have no way of processing it.
Customer: Well, then, you're no good to me then, are you?

................................

Customer Service Rep: How can I help you?
Me: Yes, I wanted to have our business taken off your list as a pay station for (National TV Satellite Service). We only sell (National Wireless Service)
Customer Service Rep: I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean.
Me: One of your customers came in to pay his (National TV Satellite Service) bill. We are a (National Wireless Service) store and only take payments for (National Wireless Service) but apparently we are listed in your system as a pay station for (National TV Satellite Service).
Customer Service Rep: So what do you need?
Me: I need you to remove us from your list of pay stations.
Customer Service Rep: What do you sell?
Me: (National Wireless Service)
Customer Service Rep: So why are you calling me?
Me: I need to talk to someone who can take us off the list as a pay station for (National TV Satellite Service).
Customer Service Rep: What's your phone number please?
Me: (***) ***-****
Customer Service Rep: I'll make a note of it. Thank you. Goodbye.


So...how much you want to bet that more (National TV Satellite Service) customers will be in to make payments?

No comments: