Saturday, June 30, 2007

Counting down the minutes...

Mike and Kaia return today. It's been a LONG two weeks. I can't wait to see all the pictures and hear more about what they did. I know, however, that though they both had tons of fun, they are looking forward to being home as much as I am looking forward to seeing them!

I didn't finish everything on my list of house cleaning stuff. But I got damn close. The living room, kitchen, and dining room look clear and clean. The bathroom is spotless and beautiful, and our bedroom is...well, passable. It's the only full room I didn't finish. The only other place I didn't get to is our dining room storage closet, but I am hoping Mike and I can do that together this week.

My home feels so nice to be in. Without the TV, the living room feels more serene. there is a large amount of floor space for Kaia to spread out on when she plays, and the bookshelves are no longer spilling over with junk. Kaia still has her area on one of the shelves for odds and ends, and there is a basket of paperwork on the kitchen counter that I need to go through. I didn't get the kitchen cupboards cleaned out, but that's a job that can wait. I moved the toy kitchen that has plagued Mike with it's placement into a less walked through area, and moved the bookshelf that was in our room downstairs. (well, actually, John and Andrea moved those, but you get what I mean) I put a hook rack on the wall in our room where we are always wanting to hang things, so the clothes won't end up on the floor anymore. (well, John put the rack there. sheesh, people, get all technical on me!)

(thanks again, John and Andrea, your help was what made this surprise possible!)

I have made fresh bread and a sour cream apple pie for their return, and stew is on the stove for dinner. Presents for Kaia's birthday await her, and the house has been aired out and freshly vacuumed.

I am ready for my family to return to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Life's simpler pleasures are the most profound......never forget it, babe. I am so proud of you for all your loving effort.