Tuesday, August 01, 2006

UP all night

actually, not really, but there used to be a late night show...or actually it was a group of shows...by that name....about 6 or 7 years ago....wow....hosted by what's his name...parrot dude on Aladdin with a really annoyi...Gilbert Godfreid.

I just watched Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. Comedy. Sort of. Action. Sort of. Murder mystery...yes! it was good, whatever it was. Has Val Kilmer (yummy in Willow and Real Genius) and Robert Downey Jr. (not really yummy in anything, but vaguely cute. In a you-know-he's-been-in-rehab-too-many-times-in-real-life-to-really-be-sexy sort of way) And some blond chick.

I really should be getting to bed, and will. In a contemplative mood. One of those moods when you stay up late by yourself, and run out of things to do, and are all alone. And have just finished watching a movie that would be fun to talk about to someone. Provided they had watched it too, of course.

no, I am not drunk. This is how I converse late at night. or when I am feeling a bit....well, yes, this is how I talk when I am drunk too....well, when I am tipsy. When I am really drunk I don't know how I talk, as I am usually drunk at the time.

Bought lettuce today, as planned. My mesclun plans (mesclun is a mix of one or more lettuces with one or more other greens) went down the drain, as the offering of seeds at the store was less than satisfactory. Can you guess the only kind that was left?! Can you!?! (not you, John, you already know). Bet you can guess. Iceberg. Sigh. oh well. Yes, I did get it. I am growing lettuce dammit! Even if it's the vanilla of lettuces. I have the seeds cooling in the fridge as we speak....figuratively of course....the "as we speak" is figurative! why would I have them figuratively in the fridge?! How is that even possible? anyway, focus here, I haven't got all night. They need to stay there for 7 days or they'll be too hot to germinate. Then I will plant them in my miracle grow potting soil mixed with- oh Andrea! I found out the generic name for those water crystal thingies!! hydrogel crystals. yes, cool, huh? anyway, I will plant them soil mixed with those, and I can't lose! As long as I water them. of course I remembered that bit.

Happy Tuesday night folks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are so funny.....the iceburg lettuce will be fun. Are those gel-thingies OK for edibles?!? Must be, or you wouldn't be using them. Added some pix to both my albums. Thanks again so much for your help today, for interrupting what you were doing and giving your professional assist. X,O and another O--mom