Sunday, August 13, 2006

silverwood and the inscrutibility of children

Silverwood was awesome!! Tremors is their new roller coaster, and I have realized I am a roller coaster junkie. Ariel and I plan to travel around the United States riding on famous roller coasters. Kaia had a blast, and hung in there from open to close, 11am-10pm! She is almost fearless, though the other roller coaster there, Timber Terror, did scare her. She went on a lot of rides that I would of been terrified of at her age!

Ariel went home today, after a wonderful visit. She's such a sweetheart.

On the way home today, after dropping her off at the airport, Kaia was eating chips and drinking a caramel steamer. She suddenly stopped, and says "I don't feel good".

"I'm sorry" I answer.
She says, "you remember that time when I threw up?"
"yeeess......" I say, looking for somewhere to pull over....
"I don't feel that sort of sick."
"oh, good" I say, getting back up to speed.
about 30 seconds pass.....
"mom? NOW it's that kind of sick!"
"OH!" I say, at 65 mph.
I grab a plastic bag that had held our lunch, and hand it to her.
She grabs it, and immediately throws up in it.
Poor girl....I pull over and clean her up.
I get back on the road. In a few minutes, she says-
"I feel much better now!"
"oh good!!!" I say....and was just about to offer her a drink of water to clean out her mouth when she picks up her nacho cheese chips and eats one!
"ick!" I say. "Kaia! You just threw up! Don't eat any more!"
"Why?" she says...."I'm hungry!"

sheesh

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, because the stomack was upset just now and it's better to let it rest than work, that's why :-))

Anonymous said...

So glad you went to Silverwood. I want to hear more on that from you on the phone when we talk--SOON!!