Monday, August 07, 2006

the news!

the good...

Mike was offered a job at a company in the Seattle area. After MUCH deliberation, we have decided to accept it. This means he will be working in an environment he loves, doing what he loves. I will be starting school for real, rather than just a couple online courses each quarter, and getting pre-req's for the Ultrasound Tech certification.

the bad....

Mike will be withrawing from school. Though he may go back someday, it's not in the plans right now, for various reasons I won't go into.

I will be leaving two of my best friends, Andrea and John. Andrea and I have been friends for 19 years. We've gone through rough spots, but mostly really good times. John I haven't known for as long, but I count him among my lifelong friends. He's also my boss, which is another not-so-good thing about leaving, as I really like working for him. I will definitely be making the effort to see them and their wonderful kids often. Andrea and I have already agreed we need to get together every summer.


so that's it. Stay tuned for my month of moving plans! I have a lot to do, but I really love this kind of challenge.

oh, and of course, Mike came home this weekend, and I am SO glad that we are a family again!!

No comments: