Thursday, August 10, 2006

Test Taken Early 2006 for my Interpersonal Communications class

Jung Typology Test

Wow. This was really cool! My result for this test was

ESFJ

Extroverted Sensing Feeling Judging

For extroverted, it said I am only a slightly expressed extrovert. I agree with this, as I feel I am naturally an extrovert, but my childhood made me introverted. I am actively working on getting out of that shell, and have been for years. As the test said, I have slightly succeeded.

There were two descriptions available for this Type. Reading both, I was amazed to see phrases I have used to describe myself! Other parts were not as accurate, but overall, it was true.

One of the descriptions called this Type a Provider Guardian. As this, it states correctly that I take control of the well-being of those in my care. In my situation, I am in charge of finances in my family. I also insist on going to all doctor appointments with my daughter, even though my husband is quite willing to take her if I am unable. I will only schedule them at times I can take her, though. I also try very hard to make sure we all eat right, and get exercise, though I tend to neglect myself and concentrate on their health.

I am always happy to help out friends and family at any time, and will do anything in my power for them. I am in sales, but only because I know my boss, as I am not good when forced to sell things. As the description stated, I feel personally responsible for what I sell, and do my best to find what’s right for the customer, not what will make the most profit.

As it also states, I do not deal well when emotionally hurt. I am always surprised and hurt when others treat me or someone else badly. If someone hurts someone I love, I get very angry, and I will show no mercy. Hurt me, and I will dissolve into tears.

I am, as it says, quick to like and dislike, and stick to those initial reactions. If I like someone, they are allowed faults, if I don’t; I am very judgmental about them.

There were a few incorrect things, but not many. I am not able to “approach others with ease and confidence”. I am not as worried about germs as the description said. Though I am aware of danger, and I am vigilant, though I don’t believe I am “hyper-vigilant”. I also do not have a black and white view about everything, but some things, yes, there is no question.

This was a very interesting test to take. It was very accurate and made me laugh in many areas. It didn’t tell me much I don’t know, but while writing the above paragraph about “black and white” thinking, it made me realize I am like that more than I realized!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How was it that your childhood made you introverted? You were very introverted as a toddler and young child. Seemed that way from the get-go. As you matured, I saw you become more extroverted every year, after your illness, particularly. Now I am so proud of who you are and your personality! Always was proud, and now you are so confident and know who YOU are.