Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Katharine

I have to brag about my baby sister for a bit. She has worked at the same restaurant for....6 years? umm..hold on...a bit of calcuation...she's 22...23?....worked there since 15...16? so ...wow, 6 or 8 years....anyway-- she's in school now to be a pharmacy tech. Tonight she received two awards, one for perfect attendance and one for maintaining a GPA above 3.8. She is a very smart person, always has done well in school, and I am so proud of her for taking this step. GO KATIE!!!

when she was in kindergarten, no exageration, I taught her math - addition, subtraction, multiplication...I think she was in first grade when she tackled division....she was balancing my mom's checkbook in first grade.....

she's wise-cracking and occasionally cynical - yes, Katie, OCCASIONALLY, I think you aren't as cynical as you think...okay, fine, she's often cynical, but in a good way....she's funny, and wise, and has more tank tops than anyone I know. She's loyal, and tough. She's very determined, and will follow through on her promises. She's the type of person who has the perfect manicure, but will, without hesitation (though possibly a grimace), get her hands in the mud if needed. She's an awesome Aunt for my daughter, and will be the perfect summer vacation shopping partner with Kaia in a few years. She's taken on a surprise step-son (yes, Katie, I said step-son, he is so!) with grace. She's a blond, blue-eyed, five-foot-four Goddess.

She's my baby sister. and I am so proud of her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Kate. I am so proud of you too.

It was good visit last time with Sarah. I was so impressed by your no-non-sense attitude to life in general. I wish I could spend more time with you to know you better...

Anonymous said...

I will tell Katie of Carol's comment! She is so wonderful, isn't she? Great blog!