Wednesday, August 23, 2006

An Adventure!

I'm really excited! My aunt Carol has offered me a job!! Guess what it is?! Contributing to a text book for English as a Second Language classes! I am helping to write the lesson exercises at the end of each chapter. I come up with true/false, multiple choice, short dialogues, and fill-in-the-blank questions. So far I've only done one, but she was happy with my work, and I get to do it!!
Wanna know something else cool about it? My name will be listed with all the contributors to the books! I might get a copy of it (I hope so!) and so I would have a text book with my name in it! How fun is that?
AND I do get paid, which is also very nice.
I'm going to be doing it mostly at night, after Kaia goes to bed, so that I can still have special time with her.
Wish me luck! I hope I can live up to Carol's expectations! The first chapter was a lot of fun, and it will get easier as I get used to it, so I know I'll have a good time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you!! Gaffer would be extatic! When you do the sentences, are some of the other choices for possible words ones that have a similar meaning? (to help clarify--like your example of "excede" and "supercede"? Are there other things you can put in there to increase the learnign for each excersize? Fascinating!

Anonymous said...

Della, I had been looking for someone with the "right sense" for so long, I am so glad I found you.
And you only work on it after your day work? Oh my God, you are quick. I almost couldn't catch up with you!!!
Promise you won't spread yourself too thin, OK? After this project, we will have more. I really hope we can work together for many many years.