Friday, February 23, 2007

the Sweet Side of five years old.

I love my daughter. Today, as I sat in front of the toilet, hoping my cheese and crackers from a hour before stayed where they were, in my stomach, my daughter came into the room.

"are you all right, mom? what's wrong?"

I explained about pregnancy and nausea, and assured her I was fine. I rubbed my eyes.

"oh mom! don't do that! let me for you!" she said, then proceeded to poke and prod at my eyes lovingly.

"thank you dear, that's fine" I said. and tried hard not to rub them again myself.

There was a moment of silence. then-

"let me get you my stool, mom. here, sit on it"

she carried her bathroom step stool to the front of the toilet, then tried to lift me up onto it. I helped, and gave her a big hug.

"what a wonderfully helpful daughter you are. thanks, dear one"

"you're welcome, mom. I love you"

"oh, darlin' one, I love you too."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad and proud of little Kaia for stepping up to the challenge of helping you through this pregnancy. I will send her an email thanking her!

Dana said...

Awwww. Born mommy, that one. :)