Thursday, March 13, 2008

kid-speak

I swear, I get scared by so many false alarms as a parent...but you can't let your guard down! Then one of them might be real...but enough of that...here is an example of a false one....


Kaia, from the bathroom: Mom! What's "a-moan-ah"?
Me: (jumping to the conclusion she means "ammonia" and wondering where the hell she found some of that toxic substance) What's what?
Kaia: A-MOAN-AH!
I go in to the bathroom quickly.
Me: Where did you see that word?!
Kaia: No where. What is it?
Me: Do you mean "ammonia"?
Kaia: Yes.
Me: WHERE DID YOU SEE THAT WORD?
Kaia: I heard someone say it at school.
Me: At school? (she goes to a school that keeps arnica cream in the first aid kit. I seriously doubt they have ammonia there)
Kaia: Yes. Someone said someone had "na-a-moan-ah"
enlightenment!
Me: Oh!! You mean PNEUMONIA!
Kaia: yes! that's what I said! Na-a-moan-ah!

No comments: