Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Birthday Prep

It's Michael's birthday today, and we are busy (sort of) getting things ready for it. Kaia got him a pack of gum, a Hershey's bar, and a Kit Kat, since to her, candy is the best gift ever. She is also going to draw him a picture.

Being the horrible instant gratification person I am, I made Mike open his presents from me early. I got him a Sigg water bottle (and one for Kaia and me too) and a T-shirt that has three robots on it and says "Fulfill Your Inner Robot". He liked both things (yay me!)

Today I am baking him a cake - yellow with chocolate frosting, his favorite. The cake recipe is one I've made before, but with spelt flour last time (the shortbread cake, John!!) This time I am using cake flour, and if the smell is any indication, it will be delicious! I am trying a new frosting recipe, though my other one is going to be hard to beat. This frosting recipe is from the cookbook in my 101 things list. (find a cookbook and make everything in it.) I'll let you know how it tastes. For dinner we are having steak fried in butter (our favorite way!), peas, and mashed potatoes. I also bought some red wine! Should be good times, albeit good times with a 6 year old and a 6 month old.

All right, I better get back to work, I have a house to clean and frosting to make. Anyone feel like doing that for me while I nap? No? Well then, here I go......to make me some coffee!

1 comment:

Agent of Chaos said...

You are such an awesome person to make that cake for Mike. I am drooling just thinking about that cake. mmmmmm. You will have to make it when we come out! I think I'm, I'm in love with that cake. Cake = Happiness. Della's shortbread cake = blissfull, enchanted, all tingly happiness.