Friday, April 04, 2008

Forgot to take a picture while it was still clean...

I've been slowly working on my kitchen, moving things around, getting rid of things I realized I haven't used since way before we moved, putting things on and taking things off the counter. And I think I almost have it how I want it. And this morning, I took one more thing off, and put it aside to sell. Our microwave. I've been using it less and less, and certainly not for cooking real food. Kills vitamins! :-)

But the other day I realized that I've recently only used it for 2 things. Melting chocolate and butter. And both of those things could easily be done on the stove, especially since I have a wonderful little ceramic pot. I talked to Mike, and he said he does only one thing he can't do on the stove, and that's make perfectly round little eggs for egg muffins, and he said he can figure out another way to do that.

So we decided that the microwave took up way too much room for only doing those three things. (Yes, we used it for other things sometimes, but nothing we couldn't use the stove or toaster oven for)

I moved my bread maker and crock pot over there, and freed up a huge amount of counter space! My kitchen is almost perfect...

1 comment:

Agent of Chaos said...

They make little pans with dimpled areas for cooking eggs in the right shape for egg muffins. So Mike could use that to make the eggs for his breakfast.