Thursday, November 30, 2006

Thursday

well, yes, it's been awhile since I've posted. Here's a few things I've been up to.

Today I went to the big city up the way, regularly a 1.5 hour drive, but because of snow, a 2 hour drive. Could have been more, but the roads were good. I had to go to the dentist for a special root canal. First, he apparently didn't believe my regular dentist, or me, that it takes a LOT of novacain (actually, my dentist uses ardocain, works better on me, not sure what this guy used) to get my mout numb. I knew we were in trouble when he started out by saying "I have a regular procedure, so we'll just start with what I normally do and go from there."

TWO AND A HALF HOURS LATER, my mouth still wasn't fully numb, but was numb enough for what he needed to do today, which was just "take a look". Not really sure why he couldn't do it all...well, normally, at least. At this time, I understood. But he had said at the beginning that that was all he was going to do. He's the professional....I guess. So back I go next Tuesday, and I hope we don't have any more of that "start with what he normally does" bullshit. Like I'd LIE. Yes, Dr., I just LOVE having half my face numb for hours. In fact, I PLANNED last time to have to get so numb that my vocal cords were numb and I sounded like a drunk duck on helium. anyway. I just hope he knows his stuff, and the damn root canal works.

Here are a few conversations with Kaia I've had in the last few days:

While trying to describe how big the Mini-Pringles were she says....

"these chips are tinier than the usual ones. They are as small as....a.....hmmm...a rock!.....a big rock! no, not a big rock, a little...no, a medium rock....they are a minute bigger than a medium rock! they are as small as.....as small as.....a rock that is as big as................one of these chips!"

I'm sure you know by now the exact size of these chips!


Tonight, AFTER eating her cookie she chose for dessert....

"I've changed my mind, I don't want a cookie, I want candy."


Last night, going potty while I'm in the tub, and she was planning on joining me.....

"Don't worry mom! I won't go potty in the tub!" Laughing at the absurdity of this.... "Going potty in the tub! I wouldn't do that!!" laughing agian....then very softly.... "not while you're in there!"

No comments: