Thursday, August 09, 2007

Another cleaning endeavor

My god. I swear, sometimes I have no idea what is going on in my brain!

Last night Mike and I decided to clean out the storage closet that is off of our dining room. It's a long closet about 8-10 feet long by about 3 feet deep. On both ends are shelves, one side of which we use as a pantry.

This closet was FULL. We had computer stuff, scrap booking stuff, craft, music, sewing stuff, gift wrap, decorations, party supplies, baby stuff, kid stuff, you name it, it was in there.

Now here's the interesting part. We've gone through this stuff 3 or 4 times since we've lived here. However, last night we ended up with

SEVEN bags to go to goodwill and
OVER FIVE BAGS of garbage!! GARBAGE BAGS, people!

Why did we have all that crap?! Why did I feel the need to keep it? I am so glad to get rid of so much!

If I had known how much we'd be getting rid of, I would have taken a before picture!

No comments: