Thursday, January 31, 2008

okay, this is odd...

so all my life I have professed a HATRED of nuts...almonds, walnuts, pecans, cashews, eww! I get mad (not really) when people call peanuts "nuts" because, well, they AREN'T. They are legumes. So I can like them.

BUT. Recently, a friend of Kaia's gave her some hazelnuts (also called filberts). She asked me to buy some to put in her lunches, so, gagging, I did. She ate them all, we bought more. Repeat. Twice.

Then, tonight, she gave me a small handful....so sweetly did she hand them to me, with love, that I felt it would be mean to decline...so I held my breath and tossed them in my mouth, trying to chew quickly.

AND. I LOVE THEM!!! my god, hazelnuts, where have you been all my life?!! you tasty, scrumptious little things!!!

I have had way too many since that small handful. and I am certain I will need to buy more soon. Like tomorrow.

and how awesome is it that they are so good AND good for me too?!

very. that's how awesome. very very VERY.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this REALLY cracks me up!! Good on you for trying them!! Do you like them roasted?