Monday, January 28, 2008

A Loose Translation (or, A Monologue)

The Scene: A Living Room


The Characters:
The Narrator: A Baby
The Large Warm Thing With The Milk Thing: His Mother
The Small Loud Thing: His Big Sister
The Milk Thing: A Boob

Curtain Rises, The Narrator Begins.

Oh, Hello, Large Warm Thing With The Milk Thing! I wish to be picked up! PICKED UP I SAY!! BECAUSE I AM TIRED. TIRED!!!! BUT I CAN'T REMEMBER HOW TO SLEEP. Oh, thank you...this is nice....yes, being carried around is nice....

BUT I'M STILL TIRED!! NO!!! NOO!!! NOT HUNGRY! TIRED!!!!!!!!!! HOW DO I SLEEP??? HOW??

Oh...Hello, Small Loud Thing...I like you! I like....BUT NOT RIGHT NOW!! RIGHT NOW I WANT TO SLEEP!! BUT I CAN'T! I FORGOT HOW!!! Hey, a milk thing....yum....mmmm...NO!!! well, maybe.....

NO!!!!!! NOOOOO!!!! NOT HUNGRY! WHY ARE YOU SITTING DOWN, LARGE WARM THING WITH THE MILK THING?!? I DON'T WANT TO SIT, I WANT TO
SLeep...hmmm....you ARE warm...this is nice....I....think...I am ....sleepy....SLEEPY I SAID!! I SAID I AM SLEEPY!!!

WHY HAVE YOU DONE NOTHING ?!! oh....Walking around is good...hey!
It's the Small Loud Thing again! Hi, Small Loud Thing! Hi! Hey...do you by any chance know how I go to sleep? HEY!! HEY I'M TALKING TO YOU!! WHERE ARE YOU GOING!?!

NO!! COMING BACK WILL NOT HELP! IT'S TOO LATE! ........ Where was I? Oh, well, I think I'll just close my eyes and take a small na....

AAUUGH!! SINKING INTO BLACKNESS! AND WHY ARE WE SITTING DOWN?!!?

Oh, HelLO Milk Thing, yes I do believe I WILL have a small snack...

WAIT!! I am TIRED!!! TIRED TIRED TIRED!!!!!

mmm...milk......milk....mmmm...oh..right...I've just remembered how to fall as-zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am also a Waldorf mom and I just sat down at the computer to try and find some "homemade" natural Valentine's idea for my son's kindergarten class. Your blog popped up - any ideas yet? - I need some as well!!!