Wednesday, May 30, 2007

My Home Sweet Home

I've put this in the Things About Me category because this is where I'm from. Geographically, I'm still there, but real Pacific Northwesters know that where I am is NOT real Pacific Northwest. Actually, I'm in the Inland Northwest, but anyone not from here, or the Pacific Northwest, looking at map wouldn't know that, probably.)


The Pacific Northwest According To Jeff Foxworthy

You know you're from the Pacific Northwest if ...

1. You know the state flower (Mildew)
oh hells yes. technically, it's the rhododendron, which I also know. uh...yeah....
2. You feel guilty throwing aluminum cans or paper in the trash.
what?!? there are people out there who DO that!? Just kidding..but I DO feel way guilty when I do.
3. Use the statement "sun break" and know what it means.
that's not an normal weather term?!
4. You know more than 10 ways to order coffee.
yep. got me on this one too.
5. You know more people who own boats than air conditioners.
not necessarily...but I do see the point of the statement.
6. You feel overdressed wearing a suit to a nice restaurant.
them types of restaurants are in them big cities out East.
7. You stand on a deserted street corner in the rain waiting for the "Walk" Signal.
You never cross unless the little sign TELLS you to!
8. You consider that if it has no snow or has not recently erupted, it is not a real mountain.
Naturally. Those others are called "hills".
9. You can taste the difference between Starbucks, Seattle's Best,
and Veneto's.
I might be hazy on this one, but I could probably do it.
10. You know the difference between Chinook, Coho, and Sockeye Salmon.
I fail on this one. I do know that those are all types of salmon though! Does that get me points?
11. You know how to pronounce Sequim, Puyallup, Issaquah, Oregon, Yakima, and Willamette.
I shur do. (for those out there that only recognize Oregon as a word, it's NOT "orry-gone" I won't overload you with the others)
12. You consider swimming an indoor sport.
mostly this is true...but there are a couple of weeks in Summer that we can swim outside. If you catch them.
13. You can tell the difference between Japanese, Chinese, and Thai food.
There are people who CAN'T?!? ;-)
14. In winter, you go to work in the dark and come home in the dark - while only working eight-hour days.
yep
15. You never go camping without waterproof matches and a poncho.
I never go camping. You mean there are times when it's not too wet or cold to do that sort of thing?
16. You are not fazed by "Today's forecast: showers followed by rain," and "Tomorrow's forecast: rain followed by showers."
what else would the weather man say?
17. You have no concept of humidity without precipitation.
this is very true. people talk about a "wet heat", and I'm like, yeah, it's called "rain"
18. You know that Boring is a town in Oregon and not just a state of mind.
hee hee
19. You can point to at least two volcanoes, even if you cannot see them through the cloud cover.
volcanoes are a way of life.
20. You notice, "The mountain is out" when it is a pretty day and you can actually see it.
I can't count the times my mother has said those words.
21. You put on your shorts when the temperature gets above 50, but still wear your hiking boots and parka.
if you don't catch shorts weather now, you'll miss it!
22. You switch to your sandals when it gets about 60.
see above.
23. You have actually used your mountain bike on a mountain.
personally I have never done this, but what else is a mountain bike FOR?!
24. You think people who use umbrellas are either wimps or tourists.
LOL! I was just teasing Mike and Kaia about this. I can't remember ever in my life choosing to use an umbrella. It's just water, people.
25. You buy new sunglasses every year, because you cannot find the old ones after such a long time.
Sunglasses are a fashion accessory, not a sunblock aid.....aren't they?
26. You measure distance in hours.
there's another way?
27. You often switch from "heat" to "a/c" in the same day.
and back again. in the same hour.
28. You design your kid's Halloween costume to fit under a raincoat.
many a costume worn as a child was never seen by the people who gave out the candy.
29. You know all the important seasons: Almost Winter, Winter, Still Raining (Spring), Road Construction (Summer), Deer & Elk Season (Fall).
though I don't agree with the last one, I agree with the statement. "Road Construction"....love it.

No comments: