Tuesday, November 06, 2007

So...GUESS WHAT?!?!

Mike just received his first job offer. He's waiting to see if the other company he's interested in gets back to him, but.....

West Side of Washington, HERE WE COME!!!!! I am so excited, and relieved, that he got the offer. It's at one of his first choices too! Now the Moving Planning can officially begin...

DA DA DUUUUUUMMMMM.

I have a list of 5 possible apartment complexes I am most interested in. I figure I'll go over at the beginning of December to look at them and see which will be available. At that time I'll also get a local phone book so I can start to research everything else...Internet, phone, electric, etc. We already have Kaia signed up for school, and I've located the local Whole Foods Market. When we get there, the first couple months will be hectic, finding a doctor, dentist, chiropractor, and getting caught up on all those things for all of us. Unpacking....ugh, I hate packing....I love unpacking though...putting everything away in it's place, pretending to myself and anyone who'll listen that THIS time things will STAY there!

The only downer, and it's a big one, is how much I will miss Andrea, John, Katia, and Liam. Living in the same area as they do has been awesome. It's not often you meet people who you know are going to be friends for life. I've already known Andrea for 21 years, and John for over 11. We will definitely be visiting as often as we can (Silverwood, guys?!) But not living close to them anymore is going to be very sad.

wow...my head is just whirling with things I need to do...most of which aren't practical to start until December at least....

Yay, Mike!! Honey, you ROCK.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats on the job offer! How exciting!