Friday, December 14, 2007

2 hours and counting....*

Well, I was thinking of doing a bulleted post, because I couldn't think of much to say, but a couple of things I DO want to talk about, but then I realized that there are only TWO things that really need to be said, and bullets for two things is a bit much...so!

Kaia walked to the bus stop by herself this morning. Exciting as all get out for her, stressful and worry-making for me. After being instructed about the level of screaming that needs to be done if someone tries to take her, and after she made a promise not to take her usual sweet time to get somewhere, she headed out the back door. I watched her until she went around a building....then went inside. I did hear the other kids from the preschool coming, so even if no one else is there the second she gets there, they'll be along shortly. So a milestone has been reached. She walked by herself somewhere for the first time. Why is this making me more weepy than her first day of school?!

We found an apartment! I went out a few days ago and drove with my mother and aunt (had so much fun!!!) to look at the ONE place I could find in my price range with a three bedroom 2 bathroom unit available....and it's PERFECT. I absolutely LOVE it. Pictures to follow as soon as I figure out what's wrong with my damn computer making it refuse to take pictures off of my memory card. We move in on the 5th.....wish us luck!
.
.
.
.
*til Mike is DONE DONE DONE!!!

No comments: