Wednesday, July 26, 2006

general update

Today is a blah day. Kaia is cranky, and I am not seeming to be able to do much.

This morning she had a dentist appointment, just a cleaning. Went fine, she was really good. The annoying thing is that her dentist (which is the only dentist in this area who takes her insurance) only sees children on Wednesdays and Thursdays between 10-11:30 am. Now I realize I am lucky that my daughter can GO to the dentist, really, I know this. But it just doesn't make sense to me why they would purposely do something so inconvenient. okay, enough of that rant.

She has swimming tonight, she's really enjoying that again. She's in a class with older kids this time, instead of pre-school kids. At 5 years old, she can be in either one. She seems to not be intimidated at all, and is actually doing better than most of the kids in her class!I actually brought my camera today, so will get some pictures. I keep meaning to post some here, just haven't had time.

Michael gets back in 10 days!! I am so excited. It's been hard with him gone, Kaia's felt it the most out of all three of us I think. She misses her Daddy! It'll be so nice to be a family again.

Simple Living Update:

-still waiting for the garden book....got 3 planters, and Andrea is going to give me some 4 gallon buckets to use for more.

-Since mom was here this last weekend, we got a lot of cleaning done, but only a little clearing. Still need to work on it.

-was thinking about learning to can, but I want to can vegetables, and apparently, from what I've read, you need to use the pressure canning method for that ( I wasn't even aware there were different ways to can!) I don't have a pressure cooker, or even the tools for the water bath method. That is still an idea I will follow up on, just not right now.

So really haven't done much on that venture lately, but it's still a priority.

Ah well, just got a package that I need to enter into inventory, so goodbye for now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How much have you spent today? :-)

c