Monday, October 08, 2007

Ben Update

So far Ben seems pretty even tempered. Granted, it's only been two weeks, and he's slept through most of it.....

But still! I choose to be the biased parent and say he's just a happy little boy! Even when he cried, such as today when I put him in his car seat to head to swimming, he only seems to remember he's upset for a few minutes, then he stops and apparently adjusts to the new situation and finds it acceptable. At the doctor today, he only fussed for about 30 seconds after his heel got poked again for a blood test (required, not a big deal). The lab guy said he is the most calm baby he's seen in a long time.

Speaking of Dr. appointments, Ben has gained mucho weight! (relatively!)

Breakdown:

Birth: 6 lbs, 14 ounces

4 days later: 6 lbs, 2 ounces (lost more than average, but not enough to really worry yet)

at his one week appt: 6 lbs, 13 ounces! (they like to see them back at birth weight by TWO weeks)

at his two week appt: Seven pounds nine ounces!!

he jumped from the 13th percentile in weight to the 18th! Way to go Boyo! He's still pretty skinny, since that's still low, and he's in the 50th percentile for height, so he's tall for his weight. But the Dr. was very pleased with his weight gain, and so am I! he does love to eat......and sleep....and poop. my gosh, he likes to poop.

he also likes to pee on his daddy. Although I change more diapers than Michael, I have yet to be peed on, but Mike has had the honor NUMEROUS times. Hee hee.

Kaia is still loving being a big sister...her only complaints center around not being able to do MORE with Ben!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO PLEASED to hear this!! What a great Mom you are!! and I also think he is so peaceful--like hanging out with Great great grandfather's spirit.....

Carol Chen Lord said...

I am so happy to hear that Ben is gaining weight. A big smile on my face. And the calmness thing. He is calm for sure. Remember the first day we couldn't feed him in time? He was so patient and only made a little bit sound to "remind" us every three minutes and calmed down as soon as we rocked him. I thought that was a good sign. I like calm guys :-))